Friday, September 23, 2016

Meeting of the Minds

Nadine Hart nadine.hart@gmail.com


The "meeting of the minds" actually took place in Kampala with all of our project leaders or representatives.  Except Awal who is just too remote and destitute. We need some more mentoring on the community group. I think Paul was shocked I pulled it off, actually - "wow he says". Each and everyone came down on the bus (unless they came with me), from very far is you recall the map. And actually showed up. Denis met them all and got them to the guesthouse and meeting the next day. Each and every potential partner/ village was given the opportunity to introduce and discuss their projects, hopes and dreams. We reviewed the details of how this may look like with the community foundation for development assistance and how to submit proposals etc. They all were given an opportunity to speak and also hear - they will also be given time to think about it and decide whether they want our help as how this relationship will look like with those on the ground, our trusted Terence and executive director, Denis and Bosco assisting.  Also it is an opportunity to share knowledge and resources. For example, palabek wants to do a piggery - Opit Farm is already doing an amazing one. They can be trained by Sr Z and so on. It really steam lines all we are trying to do now that we are expanding the model to other areas and want our partners to know what their responsibility is as well as our commitments on the ground to me mentor and facilitate their development and recovery. We don't want an NGO in our name here, we want the  Ugandans to learn to  run it all themselves  with some assistance, training  and possible start up funding from Hope 2 One Life. Music to my soul! The best part is our lawyer Paul in Uganda is volunteering his time to mentor this process along with us and our team on the ground for 3 months - until I come again in Jan, with a team this time!  He doesn't want to see anything stall and says, "you are helping our country. I can give back too". This rarely happens! Thank you God - glory be yours in this, your work.  I had no idea where this solo trip was headed when I started out, have renewed hope, strength and light!  Thank you angel team for carrying me along!  I have a few more meetings in Jinja to assess a water system and meet the director of farming Gods way program here in uganda. Plus see my uganda son Kenny family - my beloved family too....  Bring Rogers brother, Charles down for a visit and my special Youwabu ( Mambo).  All more amazing stories in themselves. Many of you know Kenny and Rogers stories!  They both have been in the newspaper a lot and prefer I leave it alone now.  Too much, Mom is!  Haha! A couple more days and time to move along ....

No comments:

Post a Comment