Saturday, January 7, 2017

2017 Uganda Mission begins with Veterans!

Alrighty friends it is that time again for a Uganda Mission trip!  And this time I have a team going with me!  They are all veterans and it will be like a mini reunion as we celebrate Denis Odong's graduation from University!  Tom and Angie Osborne and Leigh Taggart and Matt Herman have sponsored him through.  Denis is also working on the farm now and with our partner community foundation for development that i set up last visit. Virtual team just so you get a feel for how this goes....there is a 24 page mission packet of info, application and notorized waiver, shots if you don't have them, malaria prophylactic medication, collecting of supplies.  And after 3 packing parties, one final wrap up last night for getting the manifests done and placards taped on the tubs and ties in place...an all nighter for most of us....4 am we arrived the Billings airport!!  We are now in Minneapolis on our way to Amsterdam then to Uganda!!  Yeah!  I am a bit more settled this time. It helps having fun veteran travelers with me and of course having the homefront taken care of.  Abby is taking care of Noah kitty. Bosco and Beth taking care of the house and making sure the pipes don't freeze in the burr freezing Montana weather!  It is always hard leaving for kids, they send many greetings with me and I bring them in spirit. Even had to hold on to what was left of my Christmas flowers from Rogers as they graduated to a smaller vase!  Even hard for me to leave Marty this time, yet he has been an amazing support esp through my long work stretches and sleepless nights (120 hours or 3 weeks of work in 10 days). We are so excited to see the new projects and places I visited last time and see their progress as well as teach new projects and review the project proposals for micro loans! The energy of the team is palpable. Music to my soul...here we go...next stop Amsterdam Netherlands and then Entebbe Uganda.  Come along... it is sure to be a fun ride! And I will be posting from the others on the team this time!!  Great start to the new year!!  Welcome Brenda and Carol, Tom and Angie! Thank you for your dedication and amazing service!! So grateful!! Can't wait to get on that uganda soil and have the red red dirt smeared all over me!! Can't wait the smell the air and it will be warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment