Sunday, January 15, 2017

"I am now able to buy salt without asking my husband"

Wow - our women's empowerment micro loan projects are a joy and a blessing and so much more....these ladies have come a long way from the first time they made paper beads under a tree, rotating with the sun, as taught by Brenda Gilmore 7 years ago!  Hear the Heartfelt words from Angie Osborne.

" It's been an amazing journey once more here in Uganda.  It has been a little over 2 years since my last trip here.  The changes in the farm once more are profound.  People are healthy, solar power lights in the huts, women working with renewed purpose. The women received small business loans interest free for sewing crafts and also growing vegetables to sell.  We had a meeting with about 25 of the ladies present.  Each gave testimony in how these work projects have changed their lives.  It touched my heart to hear, "I'm able now to buy salt without asking my husband.  I can pay school fees for my children."  These women have received new self-worth & dignity.  It has been life changing.
I want to thank everyone who buys their crafts & donates to Hope2onelife.  You are making a difference.

Many Blessings to everyone".
From Angie Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment