Friday, January 20, 2017

Brenda's heartfelt reunions!

Brenda's heartfelt reunions!

My good friend Alice! I love this lady! She is one of the strongest women I know! She is a big part of the Women's group! She was in the very first VHT program taught in 2009! Her past history is amazing and she has survived many many hardships in her life including being a survivor from the LRA! She continues on ! When ever I have a bad day I think of Alice and her hardships and struggles and put my problem in perspective and know obstacles can be overcome and to live each and every day to its fullest!!!!

The twins "Leigh and Brenda" and their mama "Jennifer " Jennifer was in the very first class of VHT( village health care training) in 2009! She was in the class Leigh and I taught and was due to deliver any time ! Bless her heart no one had any idea she was having twins and she was so uncomfortable with swollen feet and ankles! She was a trooper! The class was taught outside under the tree in high 90 degree weather! We rotated the class around the tree during the day to try and capture some shade! A week after we left she delivered twins and had complications with the birth but they survived and lo and behold named them after Leigh and I! What an honor!  They are very happy little girls! And Jennifer is doing well! So proud of them!!!!

- From Brenda Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment