Thursday, February 25, 2010

Upside Down

HI again,

I must say, I thought I could post better at home...not the case...I have been upside down!! Turned around with the time zone and in a fog. The night I returned I thought it would be slick....Kenny picks me up at the airport, could just go to sleep for the night after getting off the plane at 10:30 PM...well good and fine except for the awake cycle in the mid night. I should know better right?
The following day was a deadline for World Water Day.
So, I placed my carefully cared for drivers licence, cards, etc. in my brand new purse from Uganda (carefully guarded in Africa..no problem)...and proceded to drive downtown to two places..the insurance company and the city of billings office..that is all! Well....all was lost. Drove back twice..then in the brain fog..gave up and went home to sleep. The lost was forgotten as I really needed sleep! Next day to work for 3 1/2 twelve hour shifts in a row. I wanted to sleep so badly at 4pm every day...would get off at midnight and then was up at 5 am!! Oh my..yet I made it through. Also, our church had a dinner and auction for Uganda and the founder of Far Reaching Ministries, Wes Bentley speaking on Saturday night...amazing and I love his wife so much..they help all in so many aspects.
Good old grandma...(she only woke up enough to eat 5 chocolates I brought her!).
Another day...so...Jeff, and all..taking it easy? Yes, I know I promised or you tried to make me promise or you at least prayed ...for me and all would be less.

Well through the week, amazingly...I have been extremely calm about the storm, including.... now the furnace had gone out and a water was leaking downstairs...
They were like..how long has this heat been out...I said, " Well, you know, I have been in Africa for 6 weeks and it was "solar cooker oven hot..to the tune of 100 degrees" and since I have been home..it is freezing no matter how one feels or looks at it..your 50 degrees, 37 degrees..it'a all cold to me. So when I am on a long, work stretch I cannot be accurate on when the heat may have gone out...I am just in survival mode once again. I just don't know.

This all reminds me and places into focus...the really.. and the reality..and the " Hey...what up?"//. God is giving me more challenges and Satan is trying to ruin the good...so..I am grateful for the challenges, and happy I will not be swayed to the darkness and am so thankful this re-entry is fully ready with battery charged energy as I really need it! No chances for the negative...got it you guys have carried me.
God's blessings,

Nadine

PS: My drivers license and cards, etc. have been deposited in a couple post office boxes througout Billings and have been recoverd! Still missing one check..but oh well, it is all still amazing anything is recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment