Monday, February 1, 2010

The Container has arrived!

Hallelujah...the container is here in Kampala and our multilines agents have been very diligent in getting the appointment with the drug authority. So today was the day! I was in Kayunga however when I got the call to come and have a look. Luckily Prichard and Richard were ready to go. Since I was then travelling alone I did not feel I could manage the matatu with the luggage, squishiness, and jams with all the people going back to school today. So about midday Terry had Charles take me to Kampala, thankfully. Well on the way I was getting calls that the drug authority found a few expired items of needles, catheters etc...which I was afraid of but did not search all of the boxes before the container left Billings as it was already packed. I guess...it almost cleared when he found those items. So now they loaded the container back up and I reached to seal it with a padlock and tomorrow I will need to go back and have it unloaded and spread out so each and every box can be inspected. I explained there is a school who could use the items for training and also the surgical instruments are to be re-sterilized in different packs and that Kalongo hospital has a large sterilizer to do this with. Pray they find favor with that explanation otherwise I am told they will burn the items and charge me...
I have faith though as everyone was nice..not mad at all...and it actually has been fairly quick in getting this far! Still time to clear all by the time the engineers and electronic guys from Grace Bible church from Laurel arrive to set up the xray etc.!
Keep up the prayers!

Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment