Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thank You Grace Bible Team and Families!

Feb 14,15


We made it to Amsterdam! The flight was good. I am surprisingly more rested than I ever remember being on this leg of the previous trips! This is a good thing, as I have a long lay over and no airport lounge or Yostel to stay in this time! The airport lounge in Entebbe was a treat however, (new to me…thanks Brian!) and the hot shower, which I am sure is the saving grace! Otherwise I/we would have continued on in the red caked dirt on our skin, clothes and hair…so grimy on the plane!! It is amazing the small things one becomes thankful and grateful over after living in the remote areas of Africa! I actually ate real western food (salami ciabatta, croissant, brie cheese) and coffee this am! The guys are off to Amsterdam for the day/night even if it is 5:30 am! I am so grateful for them…they carried me the last week…literally! And accomplished so so much! Their servent hearts, hard work, dedication and resilience in this foreign land is a true testament of missionaries!
Just wait till you see all the beards and you will reallze they did without most of the time…without water, food, clean clothes, lights, communication access…and definitely there was no comfort in sleeping/resting or travelling! Yet, I don’t think I barely heard a complaint! There was a lot of smiles and laughter and singing and praising and praying! Their sacrifice and yours (families at home) sacrifice was apparent and a huge gift. Thank You!! It was an honor and joy to serve with this Grace Bible Church team, Brian, Rooster, Don, Jeff and Nate! Their gifts and talents were amazingly balanced and matched…and so easy for me as they manage themselves, are flexible, movtivated and self starters, gracious, generous, respectful and get along wonderfully! I sure learned a lot and was immensely blessed! It was a joy and a blessing having young Nate on the trip…I think he is our first teen/young adult! He definitely blessed the young African boys/men…Geoffrey, Bosco, Jackson, Dennis and the rest… plus I wasn’t so homesick for my kids…got to mother a little! What a great attitude even when not feeling well …Fantastic!
Our last night on the farm before leaving…we sang and praised the Lord. Jeff is an amazing worship leader and his rhythm section of Africans and Americans are sounds to behold! (except for me who has no rhythm or tune!) It is very apparent…” Across the African plains…God Reigns!” We give all the glory and paise to Him.

Thank You from the depths of my heart! May you all be richly blessed!

Nadine

PS: I will try to right more about history of certain areas, so you are more informed…I am sure there is lots of wonder and questions. Everything all moves so fast (or rather slow may be the better description !) for us on the ground and the lights go out early if any…so there is not always much time to expand…so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment