Saturday, February 13, 2010

the trip from Kalongo to Masindi

We spent our last night at Kalongo last night. The sisters and all of the students had an amazing ceremony honoring and thanking us. Some local girls did local dancing. We ate two feasts, one with the students and one with the sisters! I was so touched I really can't describe it. They have had almost no help from the outside most of the years of the war. They were so greatfull! The today we got up and travelled to Masindi and back to the farm. I love these people so much. And I am overwhelmed with a sense that nearly all of my prayers from three years ago have been answered. An orphanage that was just one room with thirty children in it now has a new building with their own well. A baby boy who was on deaths doorstep three years ago with HIV is now a happy, hearty kid. The people of Kitgum who seemed so filled with fear and despair back then are happy, working building new homes and buildings. I just praise God in all his glory and thank Him with all of my heart.
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment