Sunday, October 15, 2017

Uganda Mission Oct 2017

October 8, 2017

Oh to get it all ready and To get it on that plane headed over ponds! Destination Uganda

These helper elves rocked it!  - Debbie Strong Whitney Maysee Whitney Colleen Studer. Thanks to you we are packed in record time! Already many blessings have occurred giving me a very positive grateful and relieved light! This is the first trip EVER in the last 14 years and over 20 trips to Uganda that I didn't stay up all night the night before getting ready! The plane flight also leaves now - in the afternoon!  This is also a first, typically we are trying to get to the airport at 4 am!  I often take extra tubs and this time was no exception as I just could not bear to leave the many dresses, dolls, shorts and backpacks behind for next time. We get six tubs free on missionary airfare. It costs $180 for an extra luggage and they let the 7th tub go free!  A very nice airport  official also made a special effort to tie our tubs with all six zip ties (the luggage personal said they only had time to tie 4 and I was lucky to get that - even tho they don't let me tie them myself prior to inspection).  Margaret Prindle (Magpie) is just the best traveller already, she was quick to tell me when I asked her if she had any preferences on what she wanted to do "this trip is not about me, I am going to serve and help you and I will do whatever you need"!  Music to my soul. Here we go peops!  Uganda and Community Foundation for Development here we come - ready to share some love love love! ❤️️ #beyondblessed

- Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment