Thursday, January 17, 2013

Shandra's Experience


Where do I begin to tell you about my experience in Africa so far? It has been an awesome and eye opening experience and I think that everyone should come experience at least once in their lifetime. There is a very big difference between the city life and life on the farm. In Kampala life is so hectic and lots of people. It's hard not to get lost or even to get ran over. It's amazing to see how many people there are and there is constant motion. Life on the farm is the total opposite. Everythings to seem more slow placed, not so many people but they seem to be more spread out throughout the villages. Everyone seems to be more of a community on the farm. On the medical side of things, the people seem to amaze me. They wait all day just to be seen and are so open to learning new things. They are just happy to see you and you really feel like you are making a difference in these peoples lives. It has been an awesome experience for me personally especially because I'm going to school to be a nurse. It has been great to be able to see exams and watch the doctors while they are doing their jobs. I'm learning so many things and I am loving every minute of it.


Shandra Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment