Thursday, February 4, 2010

Raining...Grace, Praises, Prayers, Gratitude, Energy

HI all,

This morning awoke with the Grace Bible Team really ready to roll! And I was renewed again after a decent night sleep. I am grateful for the McCourtney's in Entebbe for always putting me up and putting up with me! As we settled the guys in the hotel the night before..I warned them of the intense heat...well today it rained...a welcome reprieve! It has been so hot I have been praying they brought icicles from Montana. No icicles, yet much better, lots of blessings and energy! We started the day with loading up the bus (coaster)..always the tough one..getting everyone on. These guys are great team ... exceptional...it was I on Africa time! After filling them in on some of the details from the container, projects, etc.. , Jeff lead the team, coaster and us in prayer and then worship on the bus trip to Kampala! It really lifted me up hugely to face the next phase of the container! Giving Praise and Glory to God, up to the heavens..and back.

Keep sending the angels and prayers,

Love, Nadine

On the way I found out..yes we could meet with the drug authority and so they dropped myself, Nate and Prichard (Kenny's brother) and Jackson (the farm manager) off at Maersk ICD terminal. Our lovely african friends who have now opened and unloaded and loaded this container 3 times were present. They all know me well by now and they just loved Nate!! As you can imagine..Nate got a break through on Africa...wait...wait and wait..and this was not bad!! He was amazing and very helpful! As we were waiting and travelling I recieved a few message about the congolese refugee family..all good..everything was working out well to get Arsene registered in Uganda...and Bertine had actually registered his family on his re-settlement papers from Mozambique and Kenya many years ago!! This is the best news as they may be re-united through this process much more quickly! Hallelujah! The Office of Prime Minister actually called me back today about the issue of the registration and they are fast forwarding the finaly approval...Hallelujah! Lots to be thankful for and grateful for..!
Conrad our wonderful drug authority agent ( I am not being sarcastic) he really is..finally met and showed up after I was told they were in a "meeting" (everyone here in any type of businesss is in a perpetual meeting). We looked for the items in question which they accused us of hiding (not the case and since I was not present the first day..I had no idea what exact box was in question). Well anyway it opened up a can of worms because he did not check all boxes the first time. So, much more was found and I accepted it as some of the items definitely should have not been sent or imported over..my mistake for not checking all the boxes or learning the restrictions prior. I did get the guidelines yesterday which only related to medications which we did not bring over..so it is still an enigma on some of it in relation to the gloves denied and the needles and syringes. Well...I must say, I did not handle the rejection of the needles and syringes as they were not expired. All I could think of was 8 year old Steven with sickle cell and know we found he has hepatitis C...and Raymond who was 6 years old and died of AIDS and his twin sister...and all of the other kids I have buried over here in the past...even shoveled the dirt over the grave after many days of prayers with the family in 2003. These needles, syringes and gloves would save someone of contracting these deadly illnesses...as I have been there in the hospitals when there were no gloves and heard the stories of them re-using the needles and syringes. So, in the middle of the ICD shipping part, I started to cry and carry on about these children, etc. Thankfully, there was mercy (I must have fairly scared the guy ...because here life is not so valuable)... and he put back the needles and syringes but still made some of the gloves be placed in the "burn" and "fine pile" In the end, we ended up with 30 more kgs of items to burn and about $75 fine, which still is not bad. I calmed considerably and even took some pictures with all.
Next we met up with the rest of the guys..did not want to sit around and wait..so gave Nate a treat ride through the city on a matatu (ask him if it was a treat, but at least it wasn't a boda boda and safe!) Then off to meet the rest at the solar panel place then off to more drill buying etc.
In the end, it was a great day! I sent the 5 guys off to the farm with Richard..as they have a lot of work to do with all they bought today! And I still have to finalize the next steps for the container. I can say..I was very sad as they left...
However, I have been blessed with Prichard, Kenny's brother to keep me sane in Kampala! I have spent way too much time in this city this time..and scary I even know my way around somewhat. I have certainly learned a lot for sure..always something new..

Pray for the guys on the farm..I know they will love it ...and it drives me nuts I won't be there to boss everyone around (kidding!). They are in great hands with Richard and Suzan. Pray for the container finalizing tomorrow and the congolese family. I know I am supposed to be here in Kampala..at least that is the way God has arranged it, so I will make the best of it..just need to have a few moments once in a while and ask for grace, courage, strength and faith...and keep up the "never give up and perservere" attitude that has shown us the paths directed for H20 thus far, some of the mountains, valleys, streams, lakes...dry drought areas, famine and harvest.
Thank you all for the support and prayers!!

Love Nadine

No comments:

Post a Comment