Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our young newlyweds




Uganda is a beautiful country filled with outstanding people. Through our mission trip we have met some amazing loving people, who have changed our lives. Their welcome was so genuine through their singing, our hearts were filled with joy and has sparked our compassion for others. Since our stay here Kam has got all the lights finished in the clinic, and we had our light show last night. It has brought so much joy and hope to our mission. While Kam has been working hard I have been teaching our healthcare workers, and it has been a joy for me to get to know the women of the village. I feel like I have made an impact to these women through my teaching of wound care. They are eager to learn and could recite every word I taught them! While traveling to another village nearby, we meet some amazing people. The children gave us the warmest welcome anyone could ever receive. The sang their hearts out, and we felt very blessed to be apart of it. We got the opportunity to give all the children vitamins, and play with them. They loved the bubbles and pretty much mauled me. They also were obsessed with the camera and seeing the pictures we took of them. They had the greatest laughs, it brought so much joy to everyone. We had an amazing time. As a gift they gave us the sodas. I wish everyone could of saw Kam's face when he saw the mountain dew, don't worry I got a picture of Susan giving it to him. What an amazing experience we had, I wish everyone in the USA could be as kind and giving as these people, we would live in tranquility. We have learned selflessness and compassion through our trip so far but we are looking forward to moving on through our adventure. What a blessing it is that we have got this opportunity. Today we will be doing our celebration of the clinic, and I am doing the prayer in front of the hundreds of village people, keep me in your prayers, I am very nervous! : ) We will keep in touch.

God Bless everyone,

Melissa and Kam Christensen



Note from Nadine: Melissa and Kam were amazing and made an impact and were impacted for sure! Even when they didn't feel well, they served with grace and perseverence. The village pastor actually came, so he did the prayer which relieved Melissa as there were hundreds of people and some political folks! Everyone took turns praying at the meal blessing and if they led the prayer they got to eat first! Now at times that was incentive. Ha! The celebration was quite the deal, much more than we expected! Brenda and I had to make speeches and that was scary!! More about "Jubilee" to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment