Sunday, December 8, 2013

Amazed in Uganda

We have all hit the ground running here at Canaan Farm-or as I have labeled it "Canaan Utopia." I started my day dodging a cricket in the shower-to realize he was only seeking to serenade me, then I looked up to see a cockatieu in a papaya tree twittering his unique symphony to me. Later Kampala Village women shook gourds and captured great joy in their singing. And as I sauntered past passion fruit groves, I heard singing from the grounds chapel: certainly music is a theme running through Ugandan life. I gathered my students to begin a day of learning. They were bright, eager and attentive. They were very good at pronunciation. I took the Charades approach and "acted out" words. They thought the word "monkey" was quite hilarious. Their zeal to comprehend and do well touched me deeply. Smiling and laughter truly is the ultimate universal language. I am privileged that God would trust these girls to my care #amazed-in-Uganda

 Heather R.

No comments:

Post a Comment